A compact member of the Nexus household, the EazyPod is a mechanical and biological filter system for yard ponds approximately 20,000 litres or Koi fish ponds as much as 10,000 litres. The EazyPod makes use of fixed K1 Micro, which offers improved organic advantages, even when utilizing the EazyPod exclusively as a mechanical waste filter. The EazyPod is offered in grey or environment-friendly colours and can be provided as an EazyPodAir, with an Air Pump 70.
- Mechanical and biological purification.
- Really eazy to mount as well as run.
- Quick as well as eazy cleansing cycle.
- Works equally well pump or gravity fed.
- Perfect as a filter on a quarantine system.
- Likewise suitable for use as a pre-filter, polisher or on a skimmer line.
Water from the pond goes into the EazyPod Complete using the inlet, after that moves around the circumference of the outer chamber of the EazyPod, travelling through the stainless-steel grill creating a number of the bigger solids to be removed and settle in the base of the external chamber. This is the first stage of mechanical filtration. As water goes into the main chamber, via the stainless steel grill, the fine smaller solids become trapped in the mass of K1 Micro. Bio-films develop on the safeguarded surface area within each item of media, allowing organic purification to happen. After going through the K1 Micro, the tidy water then climbs as well as overflows right into the inner return pipe as well as flows back to the pond by means of the electrical outlet. The EazyPod is incredibly simple to clean. An air pump is needed for cleaning which perturbs the K1 Micro to free up any particles and also waste that has accumulated within the filter. EazyPodAir designs are supplied with a 70 litre each min air pump and also accessory kit.
1. Pond Pump. Please guarantee that the pump's maximum real circulation price disappears compared to the defined restrictions. Pump not provided.
2. Air Pump for cleaning the K1 Micro. An EA Airpump 70 is suggested.
3. A length of garden tube or braided pipeline (10 mm internal diameter) to attach your air pump to the air ring inside the EazyPod.
4. Idea: When connecting to your air pump, reduced an inch from the airline provided on the EazyPod. Put this into the hose pipeline that connects to the air pump. This will help preserve the hose pipe's rigidity when putting it into the rubber adapter as well as clip supplied with your air pump.
5. Pipeline work from the unit's waste valves to the intended discharge factor. This can be rigid pipe work or a straightforward versatile hose. EazyPod Setup Installment EazyPod filters can be mounted on PUMP FED or GRAVITY FED sets up. In all situations the EazyPod should be supported uniformly on a degree base (a paving flag is perfect). Failing to do so can create damages when it has lots of water. It should be a minimum of 600mm x 600mm, to permit very easy access to your valves and also for upkeep objectives. Pump Fed Set-Ups By this we mean that if your pump is going to be made use of to supply the water to the filter, as well as the filtered water after that returns back into your pond via gravity, i.e. down a falls, or through a large diameter pipe, this is referred to as PUMP FED (i.e. the water is fed to the filter making use of a pump). PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: The pump needs to not be put on the base of the pond, as failure in the pipeline job or ports could result in complete water drainage of the pond. The pump ought to be increased a minimum of 12 inches off the ground or high sufficient to leave sufficient water for the fish to survive, in the not likely event that this occurs.
Can an old EazyPod be adapted to take smaller K1 Micro?
Yes, 18 litres of K1 Micro can be used. No adaptations are necessary. K1 Micro offers increased surface area and may provide clearer water.
Can EazyPod be upgraded to automatic cleaning?
No, the EazyPod Automatic is configured differently and would have to be purchased separately.
Is EazyPod a complete filtration system? Will I need anything else?
EazyPod is a complete mechanical and biological filter, trapping debris and breaking down biological waste from fish. A basic EazyPod on its own is not supplied with a pump (to pump water to it from the pond,) or an airpump, to clean it. You’ll also need a separate UVC (like evoUV) to combat green water. EazyPodair comes with the Evolution Aqua Airpump you’ll need to clean it, and EazyPod Complete comes with Airpump and built-in UVC. If you want a turn-key solution (minus a water pump and some hose,) opt for EazyPod Complete.
What is EazyPod Automatic?
EazyPod Automatic is an EazyPod which can automatically clean its own media. Available with or without UVC, EazyPod Automatic has a control box which can be set by the user to clean itself on a timer, as little or as often as they require. EazyPod Automatic has a built-in can clean when you’re not there, being ideal for holidays, and a filter which is cleaned regularly makes for a healthier biological filter, and a healthier pond.
Can EazyPod be run gravity-fed?
The EazyPod and EazyPod Air can be converted to gravity feed, there are instructions on how to do this in the EazyPod manual which can be downloaded here. The EazyPod Complete and Automatic EazyPods cannot be gravity fed.
Can EazyPod Automatic be gravity-fed?
No, it’s not possible to run EazyPod Automatic as a gravity fed filter. The Nexus 220 and 320 can be gravity fed with the addition of the Automatic upgrade
Media is escaping and being discharge to waste when cleaning
This can happen if the outer steel mesh is slightly out of position, this sometimes happens during transit, remove all of the media from the biological chamber (this will stop any media becoming trapped when you tap the mesh back into place), with a large flat-headed screwdriver and hammer, gently tap the mesh back into place so it is flush with the base of the filter. Replace the media and it should now work perfectly.
I want to recess the EazyPod away from the pond. How do I do that?
EazyPod comes with a rubber connector which allows 4” rigid pipe to be fitted. Place the EazyPod where you want it away from the pond (the base of a pump-fed EazyPod must always be above surface of pond level, gravity fed installations the EazyPod should be level with the pond) and then use 4” pipe and fittings, to take filtered water from the EazyPod back to the pond. 4” Evolution Aqua pipe and all fittings are available separately.
The length of pipework may effect flow rates in your EazyPod, in particular for gravity fed installations, if the length of the inlet pipe is too long or there are too many bends it may starve the filter of water, you would need to slow the flow rate down if this happens.
Can an EazyPod feed a waterfall?
Only if it is at the top, behind the waterfall. Water exits a pump-fed EazyPod via gravity. It cannot then travel up hill, as the EazyPod would flood. If the EazyPod is installed as a gravity-fed filter it can feed without any alterations.
What size pump do I need for an EazyPod?
EazyPods are suitable for ponds up 10,000 litres, and we recommend that a pond is turned over once every two hours. A 5000lph pump (like a Bermuda Filter Force 5000,) would be perfect.
How do i replace the waste ball valve on my EazyPod
If you have one of the Mk1 EazyPods with a ball valve, you will need to buy a Single Union Ball Valve and a EazyPod Tank Connector.
How can I extend the cleaning cycle from 6 minutes to up to 10 minutes
You first need to remove cycle timer sticker and then increase the dial from 60 to 100 so that the cycle time would increase to 10 minutes from the original 6 minutes.
What are the air stones used for that come with an EazyPod Air / EazyPod Complete?
The air stones need to sit at the bottom of the pond to provide extra aeration. You use the supplied manifold to divert the air from the air pump, so air can be used to clean the EazyPod and also to aerate the pond via the air stones.
|Type||Eazy Pod Pond Filter|